Our employees are UBS
We're in business to serve our clients, so our employees (individually and together) are crucial to our sustained success. That's why we're committed to being a good employer, investing in our employees and continuously improving how we manage our workforce.
Our workforce at a glance1
In 2015, we had 60,099 employees (full-time equivalents/FTEs). This included Swiss apprentices on three-year limited contracts who received equivalent benefits to permanent employees.
- An additional 2,035 FTEs were employed through third parties on short-term contracts to fill positions on an interim basis.
- Also, 33,181 external contractors were active at the end of 2015, primarily in technology, operations and premises-related roles, although not all would have been onsite at any one time.
- Our employees are in Switzerland (35%), Americas (35%), Europe, Middle East and Africa (17%), Asia Pacific (13%)
- 23,719 (38%) of our employees are women, 37,966 (62%) are men -- a total of 61,685 (on a headcount basis)
- Switzerland is our largest cross-border importer of employees; Germany is our largest cross-border exporter
- Our workforce spans four generations; the average age is 41
- The average length of employment at UBS is 9.0 years and 48% of employees in Switzerland have been here 10+ years
- Our employees work in 897 UBS offices in 54 countries
- They speak more than 130 languages and are citizens of 135 countries
- 1,224 employees changed business divisions; 574 changed region in 2015