Accessibility and diversification - Funds and Sicav
UBS offers an open-architecture platform with more than 3,000 UBS investment funds and selected management companies.
A wide universe: knowing how to go about it is essential.
To assist the clients who wish to invest in funds basing on UBS advice we provide the expertise of a team of dedicated professionals together with the value of a structured selection process.
What is our selection process for funds and Sicav?
- We launch an initial analysis on over 60,000 funds, taking into account risk, yield, minimum dimensions and further parameters.
- We perform a further qualitative analysis on approximately 3,600 funds. We interview all fund managers in detail to exclude those who are not in line with UBS.
- Only after a careful suitability scrutiny of their managers and the Investment Committee approval will 50 top investment funds be identified, which will then become part of our investment solutions.
Funds: what are the benefits?
- Diversification: they invest in a mix of instruments to increase opportunities and mitigate risks, as opposed to investments in individual securities.
- Access to the markets: they can access markets often hardly accessible for private investors, compensating for the complexity and high costs which are generally involved and compatibly with your risk appetite.
- Wide range: they differ in terms of asset classes, sectors, markets and currencies.
- Professional management: they rely on rigorous processes of investment, advanced control and risk management techniques so that you can seize the best earnings opportunities on the international financial markets.
- Liquidity: great flexibility as you can disinvest anytime.